Chicken and Broccoli Rolls
- 1 recipe homemade crescent dough (note, when using this dough for a savory dish, I decrease the amount of sugar to 1/4 cup...I also use honey most of the time instead of sugar)
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or parmesan, or whatever kind of cheese you like), grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the rolled out dough leaving a boarder of about 1/4 inch at the top and bottom. Spread the broccoli and chicken evenly over the cream cheese mixture, then sprinkle evenly with cheese. Roll up horizontally from the bottom to the top to form a log. Slice log into 12 rounds and place in rows of 3 in the baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until slightly browned and dough is cooked through. I like to serve these with a nice tossed salad! YUM!
Until next time, happy and healthy cooking!