- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 bag of small mixed vegetables (like peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar and parmesan but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tbsp. italian herbs
- 1 cup pureed cauliflower (or squash- optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
Crescent Roll Dough
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 sticks butter, cut up
- 4 cups all purpose flour (or bread flour is slightly better)
- 2 tbsp. dry active yeast
This meal does have a good amount of butter. I am not afraid of butter, it comes from natural sources and it is fine in moderation (and certainly WAY better for you than margarine), so enjoy everyone!
One last thing about this meal is that it makes 8-10 pockets. Many times I will freeze the leftover pockets, then all I have to do is remove them from the freezer, cut the corner of the foodsaver bag and stick them in the microwave and I have an easy lunch.
On that note, until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and eating!