Pineapple Chicken Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Saturday, June 14, 2014

I know, I know, I have been posting a lot of taco recipes lately.   We have Tacos Tuesday every week and since we got our new grill I've been big into experimenting with different marinades for chicken and fish tacos.  My aunt, who is the chef, was here last weekend and we made a winner recipe!  The chicken is marinated in a mixture of pineapple juice and taco seasoning and then grilled to perfection. I then piled the chicken in warm corn tortillas and topped them with my Auntie Teri's black bean and corn salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.   You could also serve this over rice, or in a salad.  YUM!  






Pineapple Taco Grilled Chicken

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup 100% pineapple juice
  • 2 tbsp. taco seasoning (I use the Trader Joe's brand  or I use Frontera taco sauce)
Put the chicken in a large ziplock bag.  Mix the pineapple juice and the taco seasoning together and pour over the chicken.  Close the ziplock, pressing out all the air as you do so.  Massage the marinade into the chicken and place in the fridge for 2 hours up to overnight.  Grill about 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.  

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
  • 2 ears corn, kernels removed from cob (I look for NON GMO corn)
  • 1/2 can black beans, rinsed (if you buy organic black beans the cans do not contain BPA)
  • 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup pineapple, finely chopped
  • a handful of cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. jalapeño jelly (or 1 fresh jalapeño finely chopped if you like it spicy...I am not a fan of spicy so I like the taste of the pepper jelly)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Saute the corn and the onion in olive oil (or grape seed-if you are going to cook with olive oil, do not use extra virgin, it is not safe when heated at high temperatures) until the onion is starting to sweat and the corn begins to caramelize about 5 minutes.  Remove from pan to a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.  Place in the refrigerator to cool or serve warm.  

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino