- 1 lb. halibut or other firm, mild white fish
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Rub with Love Seafood Rub (if you can't find this rub, use 1/4 tsp each of- cumin, garlic powder, ginger, cinnamon, and brown sugar, and 1/8 tsp chipotle powder)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 olive oil or grape seed oil
Place fish in a large ziplock bag. Whisk together ingredients for marinade in a bowl and pour over the fish. Marinate 2-8 hours. Grill the fish on an outdoor grill or grill pan on the stove for about 5 minutes on each side or until the fish turns opaque.
Tomato Corn Salsa
- 2 ears sweet corn (I look specifically for NON GMO sweet corn)
- 1 can petit diced tomatoes (organic canned tomatoes come in BPA free cans)
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder) - BE CAREFUL- Chipotle powder is HOT so only use a little bit.
Peel and wash the corn. Cut the kernels off the cob using a sharp knife. In a large, deep sided skillet, sauté the corn in the butter, cumin, and chipotle powder for about 5 minutes or until the corn starts to release its starch and caramelize- over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and the green chills and continue to cook down about 10-15 minutes longer.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder (more if you like it HOT)
- salt to taste
Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- 16 small corn tortillas, hot (I have found the easiest way to heat the tortillas is to wrap them in foil and heat them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes).
- coleslaw mix
- Shredded cheese (I like cheddar and jack blend)
- Fish (from above)
- Lime cream (from above)
- Corn salsa (from above)
To assemble the tacos, place a small amount of fish in the middle of the tortilla, top with lime cream, salsa, coleslaw, and shredded cheese. YUM!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!