Meyer Lemon Curd

Friday, March 07, 2014

Today I had some ladies over for coffee.  I LOVE having friends over for coffee!  As a stay at home mom I don't get a lot of opportunities for adult interaction and since we just moved to a new place, I don't really know anyone.  I decided to invite some of the wives of guys with whom my husband works for coffee.  I decided to make scones served with  my homemade butter and this delicious Meyer Lemon Curd!    I absolutely LOVE Lemon Curd.  It's smooth, buttery, sweet, and lemony.  Made with Meyer Lemons, this lemon curd is extra special!  It makes a great topping for scones, English muffins, or toast.  You can also use it as a tart filling. I store it in jam sized mason jars and this will keep up to two weeks in the fridge or you can freeze it.  YUM!

Meyer Lemon Curd


  • Zest of two lemons
  • 1 cup lemon juice (about 6 Meyer Lemons)
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter cut into small pieces
  • 6  large eggs
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
In a medium sized, stainless steel (or other non reactive) pot, whisk the sugar, eggs, and lemon zest until frothy and light in color.  Add the lemon juice and the butter and whisk constantly over medium low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is thickened (this takes a good 10-15 minutes).  The mixture is ready when it coats the back of a spoon and holds its shape.  Remove from heat and press through a mesh strainer into a bowl.  Mix in the vanilla.  Allow to cool and then place in jars in the refrigerator to thicken further.  

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino