Lasagna Soup- YUM! YUM!

Monday, January 13, 2014

I keep seeing pictures of Lasagna Soup popping up all over Facebook.  The pictures looked so yummy that I thought I would make my own version!  It turned out SOOOO yummy!  In fact, I find myself having a hard time waiting until lunch so I can have leftovers!  I made some homemade bread in my bread machine to go along with it ! The best part?  This soup comes together in about 10 minutes! So yummy!


Lasagna Soup


  • 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (I used mild but you could use hot)
  • 28 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
  • 1 green pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 cups chicken stock
  • 8 oz radiatore (or you can use malfada, or whatever small "lasagna shaped" pasta)
  • 8 oz ricotta cheese
  • 4 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, cook the onion, garlic, green pepper, and sausage in olive oil (or the cooking oil of your choice) until the sausage is cooked through.  Add the tomatoes and the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.  While soup is coming to a simmer, mix the cheeses together, add salt and pepper to taste.   Add the pasta to soup and cook until al dente.  Serve hot with a heaping spoonful of the cheese mixture on top! YUM!




0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino