INSANE Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (about two large chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken)
- 8 oz enchilada sauce (I used green but you can use red if you prefer. I like the Frontera Brand. It is all natural, no preservatives, and I can recognize all the ingredients)
- 6 large flour tortillas (you can use corn but I don't like corn tortillas so I use flour)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can, chopped green chilies
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 c flour (I use Wondra for sauces)
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 c jack cheese grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix the chicken with the green chilies and half of the cheese, set aside. In a large deep sided skillet, sauté the onions in the butter for 2-3 minutes or until sweating and translucent. Add the flour and whisk into the onions until the onions are completely coated in the flour. Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth and thickened. Add the enchilada sauce and the sour cream and stir until combined. Add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the chicken mixture and stir. Add 1/2 of the remaining sauce to the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish. Spread the chicken mixture lightly in a strip along 1/3 of the tortilla, roll up the tortilla and place seam side down in the baking dish. Continue with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce over the top and spread so that it covers all the enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
Happy and Clean Cooking!