Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- 16 oz package Potato Gnocchi
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (you can use leftover chicken, rotisserie, or I often use the Foster Farms grilled chicken breast strips).
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use Wondra for cooking, but you can use All Purpose)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. herbes de provence (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 cup leafy greens such as spinach, kale, chard or a mixture of those
In a large soup pot sauté the carrots, celery, and onions in the butter until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the chicken and chicken stock and simmer until the carrots are soft. Whisk the half and half with the flour, nutmeg, and herbes de provence. Add to the pot along with the gnocchi. Stir until slightly thickened. Add the leafy greens and mix in until wilted. Simmer 2-3 more minutes to allow the gnocchi to cook through. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parmesan.
Until next time, happy and healthy cooking!