Stay Tuned!!! I have some AMAZING giveaways coming up very SOON!!!!
This recipe is ALWAYS a favorite in the Porter House! We love it and it is SO easy! This recipe is PERFECT for a quick weeknight dinner, or for a casual get together!
Pizza Pot Pie
- 2 lbs bulk italian turkey sausage (you can use regular pork sausage if you prefer but it will make the pot pie greasier. You can also use ground turkey, or ground beef. You can add sliced pepperoni too if you like or any other toppings you like on pizza such as olives, mushrooms, whatever you like).
- 1 recipe pizza crust (or you can use a store bought refrigerated pizza dough)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can petit diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup homemade or store bought tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll your pizza dough into a log about 8 inches long. Cut log in half lengthwise and then slice into 24 rounds. Heat half of the olive oil in a large, deep sided, oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausage, break up with a large wooden spoon and cook for about 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add the green pepper, the onion, and the garlic cloves, continuing to saute until the vegetables become soft and the sausage is cooked through. Add the tomatoes and the tomato sauce, and cook, stirring until heated through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle mixture with the mozzarella cheese. Place the pizza dough rounds in a circular pattern on top of the mozzarella cheese. Brush remaining olive oil evenly over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with Italian herbs and granulated garlic. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the dough is cooked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve hot and enjoy!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!