Hands Off Slow Cooker "Chili" Soup

Sunday, March 06, 2011

I know, I know...it has been FOREVER since I last posted a recipe!  For that I am SO sorry!  Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging.  David and I have been really busy.  David's been working CRAZY hours.  I have been teaching water aerobics twice a week, doing my Pampered Chef thing, and chasing around a two year old.  Between the two of us we have barely had any time to spend together.  Actually, David and I used to travel a whole heck of a lot before having Daniel.  We were talking about how nice it would be to take a vacation, but how expensive taking a vacation is with kids. Then, like a miracle, the answer fell into our laps.  We have some really good friends that we have known for probably ten years from when David was in the Navy.  They introduced us to this great travel club and I am going to pass it on to all of you because I truly believe that this was the answer to our prayers!  The link I am sending you is to a video that describes the company.  I signed up as a shareholder, and the video talks a lot about that, but if you are interested, you can just join the club and get the deeply discounted travel for ridiculously low prices.  I am not joking.  I am SO excited about this!  David and I are already in the process of planning a trip to Mexico with our friends who introduced us to this!  In addition, I signed up to have my own travel site through this company.  You don't have to be a member to use it and 9 times out of ten, Rovia has the cheapest travel prices.  This has TOTALLY transformed our lives.  David will now be taking vacation, and we will be traveling together!  One of the dreams I have for Daniel is that he will have the same opportunities in life that I had and more.  I want him to value his experiences, eat good food, and see the world.  Now that dream can be complete because this opportunity will make it possible and affordable.  So what IS THIS opportunity?  Check it out.  If you are interested, you can sign up right on the site, but if you have questions, or need more information, feel free to e-mail me!
So, if you want to check this company out, you can visit:
www.foodiemommietravel.worldventures.biz

If you want to book travel, you can visit my site at:
www.foodiemommietravel.rovia.com

Like I said before, no catch, just really great deals on travel and possible income opportunity if you want.  If you sign up and change your mind, no problem.  That is what I liked about it, I didn't have to make this commitment to something and have to pay fees to cancel.  It is REALLY awesome!  Ok enough about that, now onto the recipe.

This recipe is SUPER easy, and perfect for my busy life at the moment.  If you can open a can and dump, you can make this "chili."  The best part?  It cooks right in your slow cooker so that you can relax, or do what you need to get done!


Hands Off Slow Cooker "Chili" Soup


  • 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans
  • 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
  • 2 (6 oz) cans diced green chilies
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (6 oz.) tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp. each cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin
  • chips, sour cream, shredded cheese for topping
Toss everything in the crock of your slow cooker (except the chips, sour cream and cheese of course).  Set the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.  Serve hot topped with chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese if desired.  YUM!


Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino