Meatball Pockets

Monday, November 08, 2010

Happy Saturday Everyone!  
This week we had the crescent dough class, and thank you to everyone who participated! Those of you who read my blog often know how much I love to use crescent dough to make different kinds of "pockets." Tonight I decided to make another version of "pockets."  I had some meatballs that I had made a couple of days ago, and some leftover tomato sauce.  This was so quick and easy, it's a really good recipe to add to your weekday rotation!


Meatball Pockets



  • 1 recipe meatballs (or any leftover meatballs you may have), cut into bite sized pieces.
  • 1 recipe crescent dough (or you can use two cans of refrigerated crescent dough, just be vigilant of the ingredients)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 cup tomato or spaghetti sauce
  • 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet or bar pan generously with cooking spray or olive oil.  Roll out the crescent dough and cut into squares about the size of a 3X5 card.  In a medium bowl, mix together the meatballs and the sauce.  Top each square with a little bit of the cheeses, then some of the meatballs.  Fold the sides of the crescent dough together, and then fold in the seams.  Press together to seal the dough together.  Brush each pocket with the egg yolk and water.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed up and golden in color.  Enjoy!




Like with all of my pockets, these freeze well for a quick "homemade hot pocket!"





Happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Looks Great! I have an award for you on my blog!

melissa said...

I have an award for you over at my blog.

frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awesome! Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate it!

Unknown said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Denise's awards and am now your newest follower.

I too am passionate about healthy, homecooked meals for my family but also have to cater for fairly major food allergies for two of my boys. Looking forward to seeing lots of inspiration on your site!

Unknown said...

Welcome Kirsteen! Thanks for visiting! I am glad to have you here!

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino