Chicken Soft Tacos

Thursday, April 29, 2010

We love tacos in our house. Usually we have tacos or some other Tex Mex dish once a week. I was getting tired of the same old tacos we always have and wanting to use some of my roasted chicken that I had in the freezer, so I came up with these, and they turned out SO yummy! Daniel liked them so much he kept asking for "more please!" The best part was that they took me all of 10 minutes to throw together, you can't beat that!

Chicken Soft Tacos
  • About 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite sized chunks
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • 1 can white beans
  • about a tsp. each of chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, granulated garlic, and paprika
  • about a cup of cooked brown rice
  • 1 cup pureed cauliflower
  • 1 jar (16 oz) salsa
  • 6 soft taco sized tortillas
  • sour cream, shredded lettuce, and cheese for garnish
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add the chicken and cook until heated through. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until hot and bubbly. Place tortillas between two damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Pile the chicken mixture onto the tortillas and serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce, and cheese. YUMMM!

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm keeping track of your chicken recipes. I cook mostly vegetarian, but I do chicken once or twice a week so these recipes are great to have. Thanks!

Unknown said...

No problem. Let me know what you think. The Italian Skillet dinner can be made vegetarian very easily. David likes to have a meat in his dinner but many times the stuff I make can be made with or without meat.

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino