Ranch Taco Rolls

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Here's a super easy weeknight dinner recipe.  I make all sorts of different rolls with my homemade crescent dough.  My boys' two favorites are pizza rolls and taco rolls.  Tonight I decided to add a packet of ranch to my taco filling.  My boys gobbled these up!  

Ranch Taco Rolls

  • 1 lb ground turkey (or you could use beef if you prefer)
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 green pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp. taco seasoning (I use Trader Joe's or make my own)
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix (I use an organic brand that my store sells)
  • 1 recipe crescent dough- or you can use store bought crescent dough
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
In a large, deep sided skillet, cook the onion, green pepper, and turkey with the taco seasoning and ranch mix until turkey is fully cooked (no longer pink).  Roll out the dough into a large rectangle (about 12 inches by 16 inches).  Sprinkle the dough with half of the cheese.  Spread the turkey mixture evenly over the dough and cheese (whenever I make taco rolls I never end up using more than half of the meat filling, but you can put as much in as you like, just do not overfill or it will make the dough soggy and it will tear), leaving a 1/4 inch boarder all around.  Roll up the dough (as you do when you are making cinnamon rolls) into a log and seal, pressing the dough together to seal it tightly once rolled up.  Place seam side down on a cutting board and cut the ends off to make them even.  Generously grease a 13X9 inch baking dish.  Cut the log into 12 equal slices and place them in rows of 3 facing up in the baking dish. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is starting to bubble.  Top with a dollop of sour cream.  Delicious!

* Note- these can be made ahead of time- just prepare as directed but instead of letting them rest for 30 minutes place them in the refrigerator.  Remove from the fridge 1 hour before you are ready to bake them. 
Until next time, happy and clean cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino