Coffee Creamer

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I have been working really hard to eliminate all the processed foods from our home.  To be fair, we don't eat a lot of processed foods, but there are certain things I DO buy, like ketchup, mustard,  and coffee creamer.  Lately I've been working really hard to learn to make these things because not only does it save money, it is cleaner and healthier.  After a bit of trial and error, I have come up with this delicious coffee creamer and the best part about it is that I KNOW WHAT'S IN IT!  It also cost me about half the amount to make a 16 oz bottle as it does to buy it at the grocery store.  And it also tastes way better than that other gunk too, if I do say so myself!  

Coffee Creamer

  • 1 cup milk 
  • 1 cup cream
  • 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice (for example- sometimes I use maple syrup, sometimes I use honey, sometimes I use raw sugar.  If you like it a little sweeter, add a little more, if you like it less sweet, add a little less).
To these ingredients add the following depending on which kind of creamer you want to make.  My favorite is salted caramel vanilla.  

Salted Caramel Vanilla 
(note, for this recipe I take out the sweetener because the caramel sauce has sugar in it)
Classic Vanilla
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
Maple Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (you can add more if you like a strong cinnamon flavor)
  • 1 tsp pure maple extract
Almond Mocha
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
Pumpkin Spice
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree 
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Peppermint Mocha
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp peppermint extract
In a small saucepan combine all ingredients.  Whisk over low heat until steaming (do not allow to boil) and continue to whisk for 2 minutes after it starts steaming.  Remove from heat and allow to cool.  Store in the fridge in a glass container with a tight lid.  Will keep for 10 days.  YUM!

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking.

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino