Perfect Cinnamon Rolls

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I suck at baking.  I find I am way too creative and I like to mess with recipes too much.  There are a few things, however, that I can bake, and that I bake really well.  I can make some mean chocolate chip cookies, I love making scones, and I'm getting pretty good at making bread on my baking stone. My cinnamon rolls are also one of those things I can bake really well.  I make the dough in my bread machine and bake them up in the oven.  SO delicious! I have found that if I can make dough in my bread machine, it makes life SO much easier.  This is a recipe I have been able to mess with in order to make it exactly how I like it.  Sometimes I put raisins in them, but my husband prefers them without.  These are super easy and SO delicious!  

Perfect Cinnamon Rolls

For the dough:

  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 6 tbsp. butter, melted (about 1/3 cup)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 1/2 cup bread flour 
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp. dry active yeast
For the Filling:
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
For the frosting:
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Place all the ingredients for the dough in your bread machine in the exact order listed and set to dough cycle.  Once dough is done, roll it out into a large square (about 16 X 18 or 20).  Spread the dough with stick of butter, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the outside.  Mix the rest of the filling ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle over the butter, making sure it is well covered.  Roll up the dough and seal the edges. 

Cut off each end of the large roll to have even ends.  Cut the roll into 12 circles and place in a 13X9 inch baking dish about 1/2 apart.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size about 30 minutes.  

Bake 20-25 minutes until golden on the top.  


While rolls are baking, beat together the ingredients for the frosting in your stand mixer or hand mixer.  Frost while hot.  

To make these a day ahead cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.  Remove from the fridge 30 minutes to 2 hours before baking.  Set oven to 400 degrees and place the rolls in a COLD OVEN (this will allow them to rise properly before cooking).  Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.  

Happy Baking Everyone!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino