Meatballs in Onion Gravy (Slow Cooker)

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This is a very popular recipe in my family.  It's super easy and done mostly in the slow cooker.  This is a recipe I came up with by mistake one day.  I would seriously add a whole load of mushrooms to this too if my husband would eat them.  He DOES NOT like mushrooms, and I love them.  I serve these meatballs over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.  

Meatballs in Onion Gravy

For the Meatballs:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix (I like the Simply Organic brand if I don't make my own)
  • 2 cups dry white wine (I like pinot gris)
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup flou
  • 1 cup sour cream
To make the meatballs- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all the ingredients from the meatball list in a bowl and mix with your hands.  Form them into balls about the size of a golf ball.  Bake 30 minutes (I like to bake them on my large bar stone, but you can bake them on a regular baking sheet or jelly roll pan).

While the meatballs are cooking, whisk together all the sauce ingredients except the sour cream in a bowl until well combined.  When the meatballs are done cooking, place them in the crock of your slow cooker, pour the sauce over them.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  30 minutes prior to serving mix in the sour cream and continue cooking on low until heated through (about 30 minutes).  

Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles!  

Until next time, happy and healthy cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino