Sausage and Tortellini Soup

Sunday, September 01, 2013

This is a delicious soup recipe!  Sometimes when I make it I add spinach at the end if I have it on hand.  Sometimes I also add red peppers.  I also like to add some fresh basil at the end.  Yum!

Sausage and Tortellini Soup


  • 1 lb bulk Italian sausage or sausage removed from the casings (I use turkey sausage when I can find it)
  • 1 large green pepper, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
  • 8 oz tortellini (you can use ref, frozen, or dried, whatever you prefer- I usually use the dried kind from Trader Joe's when I have it)
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot saute the green peppers, onions, and sausage until sausage is browned and vegetables are soft.  Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.  Add the tortellini and cook according to package time.  Add the evaporated milk and simmer another 5 minutes stirring frequently.   Top with yummy parmesan cheese!

Until next time, happy and healthy cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino