Chicken and Tortilla Bake
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 1 pouch taco sauce (I use the Frontera brand. I LOVE the Frontera Brand)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I like the Tillamook Natural)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 20 small tortillas, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like to use pepper jack and cheddar)
Place the chicken breasts, onion, green pepper, and green chilies in the crock pot. Pour the taco sauce over. Set to low and cook 5-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and very tender. Shred with two forks and stir in the sour cream.
Preheat your oven to 350. Spread half of the tortillas on the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish. Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortillas, top with half of the cheese, and then repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. YUM!
Until next time, happy and healthy eating!