Broccoli Cheese Crescent Wreath

Friday, December 16, 2011

Hello Everyone!  Are you all ready for Christmas!
It's the time of year for Holiday get togethers and I just had my annual Christmas Party and Cookie Exchange!  Among other yummies, I am making this recipe.  I found a similar version of it  on a website and then adapted it to fit my tastes.  What a hit this was!  It disappeared almost as quickly as I put it out!   In fact, I ended up having to make another one about 3- minutes into the party!  Fortunately I had enough filling and crescent dough.  YUM!


Broccoli Cheese Crescent Wreath

  • 3 cups chopped broccoli (I run it through my manual food processor to make the chunks a little smaller)
  • 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (again, I run them through the manual food processor for smaller chunks)
  • 1 red pepper, chopped 
  • 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped (again, manual food processor)
  • 4 slices thick bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. Italian herbs
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic (or two cloves garlic minced, but I don't like raw garlic so I use granulated garlic)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 recipe crescent dough or 2 cans pillsbury crescent dough
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  In a medium sized bowl mix (I used my Kitchen Aid) the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, shallots, bacon, cream cheese, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs, garlic, and eggs.  Roll out crescent dough into a large square and cut into triangles .  On a round baking sheet (I use my round pizza stone), overlap the triangles in a circle with the wide side facing toward the middle.  Spoon the filling into the ring towards the middle (wide end).  Wrap the triangle over the filling and secure by tucking under in the middle.  If desired, top ring with more cheese.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.  
I made the filling the day before in order to save time, and put the ring together on the morning of my party.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Lovely recipe...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino