Tonight I made a really yummy salad that I am calling Twisted Coleslaw. We had an abundance of cabbage from Abbe Hills from both this week and last week, so I needed to find something to do with it. I put my thinking cap on and came up with this creative salad. It was REALLY yummy and I am almost positive it will be even better tomorrow! I made so much of it I dropped by the neighbors with a gift of salad. Yum!
- 16 ounces uncooked long fusilli (corkscrew) pasta
- 1 small head green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 small head savoy cabbage or red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 unpeeled medium granny smith apple, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coleslaw dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pkg. crunchy garlic and ginger flavored wontons
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Cook pasta and drain according to package directions. Allow to cool. Once the pasta is cool, toss all the ingredients together. Place in the refrigerator to chill before serving for at least one hour if desired.
- Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!