ONE WEEK FROM TODAY I WILL BE IN SEATTLE FOR A MONTH!!!! YAHOO!!!!Here's a really quick recipe that uses the best vegetables of the season! You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Tonight I used asparagus, red and yellow peppers, and onions. You could use any variety of stir-fry veggies or greens.
Stir-fry Chicken and Noodles
- 1 pkg linguini or fettuccini noodles cooked according to package directions and drained.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
Heat oil in a large, deep sided skillet. Coat the chicken in the granulated garlic and pepper. Saute the chicken and the onion in the skillet until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the rest of the vegetables and saute until tender crisp. Take the skillet off the heat. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and mix in the Hoisin and the Soy sauce. Toss to coat. Serve topped with sesame seeds to garnish if desired! YUM!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!