Chicken Stuffed Shells
|I know this isn't a great picture...I forgot to take a picture until the end.|
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I usually use leftover baked chicken, or roasted chicken)
- 1 (16 oz) tub small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce (if you don't have any homemade on hand, I like Newman's Own)
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce (see note above for tomato pasta sauce as it applies for the Alfredo too).
- 1 tbsp. Italian Herbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta shells according to package directions and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bottom of a 13X9 inch baking dish, mix half of the two sauces together and spread evenly over the bottom. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cottage cheese, eggs, italian herbs and half of the parmesan cheese. Stuff each pasta shell with a heaping tablespoonful of the chicken mixture and place in the baking dish on top of the sauces. Top with the remaining sauces and the remaining parmesan. Bake 35-45 minutes covered, uncovering during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!