Slow Cooker Chili Lime Chicken Soup
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans (or you could use pinto beans too)
- 1 (6 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 3 tbsp. PC Chili Lime Rub (or equal parts chili powder and lime zest)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of 1/2 lime (for a stronger lime flavor, use juice from a whole lime)
- Grated jack cheese, extra sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges for serving (if desired)
Place first 9 ingredients in the crock of your slow cooker. Set for 8-9 hours on low setting. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir the lime juice into the sour cream and add to the crock pot. Set the slow cooker to high and heat through for last 30 minutes of cooking time. Serve in a bowl with any of the topping options or your favorite soup topping!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!