Chili Lime Nachos
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I either buy the cooked chicken strips in the package or I use leftover roasted chicken. You could also get a deli rotisserie chicken and use that)
- 2 cups grated cheddar and jack cheeses
- 1/2 of a large red pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. Pampered Chef Chili Lime Rub or equal parts chili powder and lime zest
- juice of one lime
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 large bag tortilla chips (I usually make nachos with blue corn chips but I like to use yellow corn chips for this recipe)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the cooked chicken, the red pepper, and the 2 tbsp. chili lime rub (or the chili powder and lime zest). Place one layer of chips on a large bar pan or sheet pan (I like to use my large bar stone for nachos, I find that the stone makes the chips very crispy), then layer with half of the chicken mixture, and half of the cheese. Place another layer of chips, then the other half of the chicken mixture, and the other half of the cheese. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Meanwhile, while nachos are cooking, mix together the sour cream, the lime juice, and the rest of the chili lime rub until smooth and creamy. When the nachos are done, serve with the chili lime sour cream. Sometimes I like to be fancy so I put the sour cream in my Easy Accent Decorator and pipe it directly onto the nachos.
Enjoy! Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!