Chili Lime Chicken Nachos

Friday, March 25, 2011

David and I LOVE nachos.  I guess my love of nachos comes from when I was a kid.  My parents used to make these fantastic nachos piled high with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.  Even though I don't make my nachos the way they did, I still have fond memories of nacho night when I was a kid.  I have been making these nachos quite a lot lately for Pampered Chef parties, neighborhood get togethers, and this week, I made them for dinner.  They are SO yummy and SO POPULAR!


Chili Lime Nachos



  • 2 cups cooked chicken (I either buy the cooked chicken strips in the package or I use leftover roasted chicken.  You could also get a deli rotisserie chicken and use that)
  • 2 cups grated cheddar and jack cheeses
  • 1/2 of a large red pepper, finely diced
  • 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp. Pampered Chef Chili Lime Rub or equal parts chili powder and lime zest
  • juice of one lime
  • 8 oz. sour cream
  • 1 large bag tortilla chips (I usually make nachos with blue corn chips but I like to use yellow corn chips for this recipe)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a medium sized bowl, stir together the cooked chicken, the red pepper, and the 2 tbsp. chili lime rub (or the chili powder and lime zest).  Place one layer of chips on a large bar pan or sheet pan (I like to use my large bar stone for nachos, I find that the stone makes the chips very crispy), then layer with half of the chicken mixture, and half of the cheese.  Place another layer of chips, then the other half of the chicken mixture, and the other half of the cheese.  Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Meanwhile, while nachos are cooking, mix together the sour cream, the lime juice, and the rest of the chili lime rub until smooth and creamy.  When the nachos are done, serve with the chili lime sour cream.  Sometimes I like to be fancy so I put the sour cream in my Easy Accent Decorator and pipe it directly onto the nachos.  

Enjoy!  Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good! Have you had those hint of lime chips, by Tostitos I think? David and I are addicted, I bet they would be amazing with this, too. I'll have to try this soon! I'm off to look for your ribs recipe, we're having family over tomorrow and I don't want to have to boil ribs like I did last time... I'll try your oven/grill method instead. (:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino