Cheesy Burger Pizza

Monday, November 01, 2010



Be sure to head over to The Foodie Mommie Store to take advantage of the November Pampered Chef Sale!  Order by November 15th and get 10% off!

I hope you all had a fun Halloween!  Here is a picture of my little giraffe and  I out trick or treating!

So I was getting really tired of the same old pepperoni pizza on Friday night.  David LOVES pepperoni and wants it every week, but I like a little variety.  Since David has been working nights, I decided to change it up a little with this pizza meets hamburger recipe!  Both Daniel and I really liked it and I will definitely make it again.  I was kind of just experimenting and it came out really well!  I used olives to make a Halloween face on it.  Try it, you will like it!

Cheesy Burger Pizza

  • 1 recipe pizza dough or prepared pizza dough
  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella, swiss, and cheddar)
  • 1/4 cup sliced olives (optional)
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large bar pan (I use my stoneware bar pan) or jelly roll pan generously with cooking spray.  Press the pizza dough into the pan making sure it goes up the sides.  In a large skillet, cook the ground meat, the garlic, and the onion on medium high heat until the meat is almost cooked through and the onion is translucent.  Turn down the heat to medium and add the worcestershire sauce, the tomato paste, and the mustard and cook, stirring frequently until thick, hot, and bubbly and the meat has cooked all the way through.  Pour the meat mixture evenly over the pizza crust.  Top evenly with cheese and olives (if using).  Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and  bubbly.  


Happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!


0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino