Easy Peasy Pasta Dinner

Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Today I had a very busy day. I was running around all day, grocery shopping, cleaning, and picking my friend Heather up from the airport. I needed a super easy dinner that required no fuss whatsoever. While I was at the grocery store today, I picked up a package of Wacky Mac (of course, because I have all those coupons for free Wacky Mac) and a jar of Barilla pasta sauce. Yes, that is right, I said it, pasta sauce from a jar. I didn't have any of my own in the freezer and I actually like Barilla sauce. I first discovered the Barilla line of sauces when I lived in France so I was excited when they came out with them here in the States. The best part of Barilla sauce is that there are about 5 ingredients in a jar of sauce, which include tomatoes, onions, basil, and olive oil. Barilla sauce is great in a pinch and I highly recommend it when you don't have access to homemade. Anyway, all I did was boil the pasta according to the package directions, I browned up a pound of ground turkey in a large skillet and added the pasta sauce and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. I then added the pasta and voila, a SUPER easy dinner!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino