- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin (you can buy the thin sliced ones or I just take two chicken breasts and cut them in half so they are super thin)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- salt and pepper (about 1/2 tsp each- I like more pepper so I add more)
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 5 lemons juiced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or other oil that can be heated to a high temp)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, coating both sides. In a large, oven proof skillet, heat the oil. Pan fry the chicken about two minutes on each side. Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm. Add the lemon juice and chicken broth and deglaze the pan, picking up all the yummy brown bits. Add half of the brown sugar to the lemon sauce and simmer about a minute more. Add the chicken back in, coating in the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top of the chicken and pop the pan in the oven. Cook in the oven an additional 15 minutes until the chicken is golden brown on top. I served this over brown rice and quinoa. YUM!
Happy and Healthy cooking all!