Ham and Cheese Stuffed Shells

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

I came up with this recipe somewhat by accident.  I hadn't planned my meals very well one week and found myself without a meal for the last day of the week.  I pulled this together with things I had on hand, and my family loved it! 


Ham and Cheese Stuffed Shells

  • 12 oz pkg. jumbo pasta shells
  • 2 cups ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice, divided (I have used anything from swiss to mozzarella, to cheddar and I usually use a mixture of two different kinds of cheese.  I have even used pepper jack in a pinch)
  • 1/2 lb deli ham, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1 jar alfredo sauce (I like to use Newman's Own.  The key when using prepared ingredients is to recognize all the ingredients on the list)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cook and drain pasta shells according to package directions.  I usually cook them a little less time than indicated so they hold up when filling them.    They will cook the rest of the way in the oven.  Allow them to cool slightly so you can handle them without burning yourself. In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, half of the cheese, the ham, and the egg.  Spoon the cheese and ham mixture into cooked shells that have cooled and place in a 13X9 baking dish.  Cover shells with alfredo sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. So yummy!

I usually serve this with some steamed broccoli, my family's favorite vegetable!  

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY eating!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino