The Most Beautiful Salmon

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Yesterday my best friend Heather and I had lunch at Ray's Boathouse near the Ballard Locks.  We both love this restaurant and Heather knows the executive chef having assisted him in a few cooking classes at the kitchen store where she works.  I hadn't been there in years and it was SUCH a gorgeous day in Seattle so I was more than happy to go there, spend some time with Heather and gaze out at the crashing waves over a lovely lunch.  Ray's has the absolute BEST sweet potato fries around, so Heather and I ordered some to share.  We also split the most amazing dish I have had in a long time!  Smoked salmon with fresh pineapple, cucumbers, and red peppers in a vinaigrette.  This dish had the most amazing flavor combinations and the presentation was as beautiful as its flavor.  The vinaigrette was made of canola oil, rice wine vinegar and hints of cumin, fenugreek, and red pepper flakes.  
It just so happens that I have two large fillets of Sockeye in the fridge ready to be cooked, so tonight I think I will take inspiration from this beautiful dish and try to come up with a glaze for the salmon using the same flavors.  I will definitely let you know how it turns out! Until next time....happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino