WOW! What a Weekend!

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Hello Everyone!
My little Daniel playing at the park.
Happy Mother's Day to all you great moms out there!  I hope you all had a wonderful day, and got some time to yourselves!  I had this really awesome recipe planned for today, a nice baked French Toast recipe.  Unfortunately (or fortunately for me...) I didn't get around to making that because David surprised me by taking me out to brunch at one of my favorite restaurants - Cibo Fusion here in Cedar Rapids.  
We have had a really interesting weekend.  As many of you may or may not know, Daniel was just diagnosed with PDD, which is an Autism Spectrum Disorder.  At 19 months old he was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, and we decided we needed to take him for further evaluation.  PDD is similar to Asperger's and is one of the milder forms of Autism.  This news has given us mixed feelings.  It has brought a bit of sadness, but at the same time relief.  It has also been overwhelming.  I have had such a barrage of mixed feelings this weekend since receiving the diagnosis on Friday.  Fortunately, right here in Marion there is an Autism Society office.  I plan on doing everything I can to help support Autism and my son.  So I am sorry for the lack of a recipe today...I have two recipes ready to be written up and I promise to get them up this week.    I just wanted to share this with all of you, and if there is anyone else out there who has a child with Autism, I would love to connect with you.  Thanks everyone!
Again, Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there!  

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino