SO YUMMY Slow Cooker Lasagna

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This past weekend we had a blizzard come through Iowa and then record low temperatures and wind chills down around -30 degrees.  It was so cold that I really wanted to make something warm and comforting for dinner.  Lasagna is one of the ultimate comfort foods, but it does take some time to make.  I decided to experiment with making it in the slow cooker when I came across a recipe in a magazine.  I was a little apprehensive at first, but it was so easy and it came out SO good, I think I will definitely make it again! 


I apologize ahead of time because I forgot to snap a photo of it, I was too busy eating it!  haha!


SO YUMMY Slow Cooker Lasagna



  • 1 pkg. no boil lasagna noodles
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese 
  • 1 cup parmesan cheese
  • 4 cups homemade or store bought spaghetti sauce
  • 4 cups homemade or store bought Alfredo sauce
  • 1 lb ground turkey or beef
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
Saute the turkey or beef, the green pepper, and the onion in the olive oil over medium high heat on the stove until meat is cooked through.  Add 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce to the mixture.  Spoon one cup of the spaghetti sauce into the crock of your slow cooker and spread over the bottom.  Layer with noodles, then more red sauce, then meat mixture, then alfredo sauce, then cheese.  Repeat this layering until you have three layers.  Top with remaining sauce and cheese.  Set slow cooker to low for 6-8 hours.  I served this with green salad and garlic bread.  YUMMY!


0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino