The Foodie Mommie October Sale ends TOMORROW at 10 pm! Don't forget- 10% off your entire purchase of Pampered Chef Products! Visit the Foodie Mommie store to take advantage of this great offer!
My Slow Cooker "Baked" Potato Soup is one of Daniel's FAVORITES! It combines all the flavors of a big baked potato into a soup. I use shredded potatoes (or you could even use frozen hash-brown potatoes if you wanted) which make this soup thick and hearty as they cook in the crock pot. This soup has great flavor and the leftovers are even better for lunch the next day! Unfortunately this soup does not freeze well, but don't worry, it will be gone as quickly as you make it, so you don't need to worry about saving it!
Slow Cooker "Baked" Potato Soup
- 4 cups shredded potatoes (about 4 large baking potatoes, but you can use whatever potatoes you have on hand- or to make it easier you can use a frozen package of hash brown potatoes. To shred the potatoes I use my food processor with the cheese grater attachment, you can also just use a cheese grater or a micro plane).
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I like to use my garlic press for this - also from PC)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (I like to use my PC food chopper for this, it makes finely chopping easier)
- 6 slices turkey bacon (or regular bacon), cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use Wondra but you can use all purpose)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (plus more for serving if desired)
- 1 cup frozen peas (Daniel likes peas but if you don't then leave them out).
Place potatoes, onions, celery, garlic, and chicken stock in the crock of your slow cooker. Set to cook for 8 hours on low. After 8 hours, whisk the milk and the flour together until the flour is dissolved in the milk. Add the milk mixture, the bacon, and the peas to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Set slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes. Add the sour cream and the cheese, and stir well until mixed in. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkling of cheese, and your favorite crackers if desired.
Happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!