Mini Deep Dish Pizzas

Thursday, October 07, 2010

It was meant to be.  Yesterday my mom called me to tell me about a fun recipe idea she had for Daniel.  Today I am setting up a table at my Moms Club Fall Bazaar and I needed some easy snack/appetizer type foods to share.  When my mom called with this idea, it was like fate!  She was meant to come up with this recipe idea, and I was meant to try it out!  Let me tell you what an awesome idea it was!  Mini Deep Dish Pizzas.  I even ALREADY HAD all the ingredients AND I got to use one of my nifty Pampered Chef gadgets!  I made these in mini muffin tins, but if you want them a little bigger you can use regular sized muffin tins.  So anyway, enough rambling, here is a SUPER EASY recipe that you can make with your kids!




Mini Deep Dish Pizzas

  • 1 recipe pizza crust (or any pizza crust you like- or you could use refrigerated crescent rolls or refrigerated biscuits - I have discovered Simply Pillsbury and they are GREAT because there is nothing yucky in them.)
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or any shredded cheese you like)
  • Your choice of pizza toppings - I made 24 pesto and cheese and 24 tomato and cheese, but you could cut up pepperoni, ham, veggies, anything you like.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Generously grease two mini muffin tins (or regular muffin tins).  Roll about a teaspoonful of pizza dough (for reg. size do a tbsp.) into a ball and place into each muffin cup.  I used my Pampered Chef Mini Tart Shaper to press the dough into the tins to create a "pizza cup" but you can also use your fingers to line the tins with the dough.  Fill each cup with your preferred pizza sauce and toppings, top with cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is slightly puffed and golden.  

Daniel LOVED making these.  His favorite part was using the tart shaper to press the dough out into the muffin tins.  He also LOVED sprinkling the cheese on top of each "pizza."  





Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your day!  Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so making these and my husband is so going to love them! Thanks!

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino