Last Minute Pear Cake

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today I needed to come up with something easy to bring to a get together tomorrow.  I had some pears that were on the verge of going bad so I decided to make a pear cake. Unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients for my recipe, so I substituted butter for oil, and a few other ingredients and this was the result!  So moist and yummy, I think I will stick with this one from now on!
You could probably substitute apples, bananas, or other fruit for the pears.  This makes two cakes.


Last Minute Pear Cake

  • 3 cups pears, peeled and chopped (about 6 pears)
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 sticks of butter, VERY soft (I stuck them in the microwave for about 30 seconds)
  • 4 cups sugar (yes, I know it has a lot of sugar)
  • 6 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two 10 inch tube pans (bread loaf pans) generously with cooking spray.In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the butter together.  Add sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.  In another bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.  Pour the flour mixture into the sugar mixture a little at a time, incorporating all of the dry ingredients with the wet before adding more dry.  Add the vanilla and the pears and mix well.  The batter will be slightly stiff.  Pour the batter equally into each of the greased pans.  Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out ALMOST clean.  

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino