- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Goldfish Crackers (or other cheese flavored crackers. I also threw in some Annie's Bunnies for good measure)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or cheddar jack blend
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used light mayo)
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. melted butter or olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray. In a food processor, process the crackers, the cheese, onion powder, and granulated garlic until the consistency of bread crumbs. Pour this mixture into a large Ziplock bag. Mix the sour cream, mayo, and dijon in small bowl and then pour into a second large ziplock. Put the chicken in the ziplock with the wet ingredients, seal and shake around to coat. Then transfer the chicken to the ziplock with the cracker mixture, seal and shake to coat well. Once well coated, place the chicken in the baking dish you prepared and drizzle with olive oil or butter - this will help the coating become crispy in the oven instead of mushy. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Enjoy!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!