Goldfish Chicken

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I am getting a little tired of my normal chicken recipes.  It seems like whenever I make chicken, it is always the same old thing.  I also am not a huge fan of chicken (or any meat for that matter) so I try to be as creative as possible with it.  My favorite way to make chicken is to coat it in something crispy and bake it in a really hot oven, but it seems like even that is getting boring in my house.  So  I put my thinking cap on, and decided to get creative.  I came up with this chicken, coated in cheesy Goldfish Crackers (which happen to be free of yucky no-no ingredients) and it turned out really well!  I had no complaints at the dinner table tonight!  This dish is also very budget friendly and can be made ahead of time and frozen!


Goldfish Chicken

  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 cups Goldfish Crackers (or other cheese flavored crackers.  I also threw in some Annie's Bunnies for good measure)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or cheddar jack blend
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder or granulated garlic
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used light mayo)
  • 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter or olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a glass baking dish with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.  In a food processor, process the crackers, the cheese, onion powder, and granulated garlic until the consistency of bread crumbs.  Pour this mixture into a large Ziplock bag.  Mix the sour cream, mayo, and dijon in small bowl and then pour into a second large ziplock.  Put the chicken in the ziplock with the wet ingredients, seal and shake around to coat.  Then transfer the chicken to the ziplock with the cracker mixture, seal and shake to coat well.  Once well coated, place the chicken in the baking dish you prepared and drizzle with olive oil or butter - this will help the coating become crispy in the oven instead of mushy.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.  Enjoy!

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

1 comments:

Jackie Higgins said...

Awesome. Goldfish are a staple in our pantry ;)

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino