The Best Zucchini Bread I Have EVER Eaten!

Friday, August 13, 2010

We have gotten so much zucchini from Abbe Hills that I have been making zucchini EVERYTHING.  I found this recipe for zucchini bread awhile back, I can't remember where, and then filed it away and forgot about it.  I came across it again when looking for something unique to do with my bazillion zucchini.  I changed it a little bit by adding some shredded apple and the flavor was AMAZING.  This bread is so moist and flavorful you will have a hard time believing it is made of zucchini (even if you love zucchini like I do).  Daniel calls it "cake."    Do not drain the zucchini, make sure you shred it and leave it as is, that is what makes it so moist.  This zucchini bread also freezes really well, so I have already made several loaves that I can just pull out of the freezer when I need something to bring to a function or have an unexpected visitor for tea!

Absolutely Gorgeous Zucchini Bread

  • 1 large (or two medium) zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups-DO NOT DRAIN)
  • 1 large apple, shredded
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two loaf pans generously with cooking spray and set aside.  In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, soda, powder, and salt.  In the bowl of an electric mixer (or a large bowl) beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until well combined.  Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix on medium speed until well combined.  Add the zucchini, apple, and raisins and mix on medium speed until well combined.  Pour the batter into the loaf pans, half of the batter into each.  Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan then carefully remove loaves from pans and allow them to cool for 30 minutes on wire racks. Slice and serve (I like to spread some soft butter on my slice, yummmm!)

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!

1 comments:

The Girly Tomboy said...

I can't wait to make this - it looks delicious!

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino