Have you signed up for the 30 Day Fit Family Challenge? If not, head over to the challenge page and linky up! You can join us even if you don't have a blog! Let's make our families healthier together!
Daniel and I have been going on bike rides every day to stay fit. We also go swimming several times per week. We love to spend time outside when the weather is nice!
Tonight Daniel helped me make Asian Chicken Wraps. These are so good and SO easy!
Asian Chicken Wraps
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used garlic scapes)
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. ginger, microplaned
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- other veggie options - diced diakon radishes, thinly sliced carrots, chopped broccoli florets, sugar snap peas, chopped bok choi, diced green onions the sky is the limit!
Heat a large, deep sided skillet or wok over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chicken, the garlic, the ginger, and the granulated garlic and saute about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broccoli slaw, the red pepper, and any other vegetables that you wish to add and saute until they are just starting to sweat. Add the chicken stock. Mix the cornstarch and the soy sauce together then add to the skillet, stirring until the sauce has thickened and coated all of the chicken and veggies. Add the cashews and combine. Place 1/6 the amount into the middle of the tortillas and roll up. Enjoy!
Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!