- Crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- Black Beans
- A cheddar jack cheese blend
- Salad greens from the farm
- Brown rice
- Sour Cream
- Ranch Dressing
If you want chicken fajitas instead of chicken fajita salad, fill flour or corn tortillas with the chicken mixture, top with rice, beans, sour cream, and cheese! Yummy Nummy!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp. + 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder (or regular chili powder) - note that this stuff is REALLY hot if you use too much so a little bit goes a long way.
- 1 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
Place the chicken in a ziplock or Foodsaver bag. In a small bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT the onion and bell pepper, and whisk together until well blended. Pour over the chicken, and seal the bag. Allow chicken to marinate a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 4 hours in the refrigerator. Heat a deep sided skillet with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add the chicken and saute about 5 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Add the vegetables and saute another 5-10 minutes or until they are tender crisp.
This salad was SO yummy! Daniel really loved helping me wash the salad greens in the sink, and he liked being able to pick out the toppings for his salad!
I hope you will enjoy this recipe too! Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking and EATING!