Chicken Sausage Pasta- Experiment Gone Right!

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

While doing my monthly shopping at Sam's Club, I came across some 100% all natural organic chicken sausages.  Normally I am not a huge fan of sausage unless it is fresh and removed from its casing, however these sausages looked intriguing to me.  So, I went against one of my grocery shopping rules (don't buy things that aren't on your list), because I happened to be well under budget, and bought a package of spinach and asiago sausages.  My next thought, when I got home was, "well, now that I have these sausages, what do I do with them?"  After much thought, I came up with this recipe, and it turned out SO delicious!  Try it for yourself and you will see!  


Chicken Sausage Pasta

  • 1 package (16 oz) pasta  (I used Wacky Mac, surprise, surprise, but you can use whatever kind of pasta you like)
  • 1 package of 5 chicken sausages, sliced (any kind you like, any brand you like)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup (or 1 can - 10 oz) tomato soup (I used homemade but Muir Glen has a really nice one- if using condensed soup, add 1 can of milk)
  • 1 cup pureed cauliflower
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.  In a large skillet with deep sides, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for about 3 minutes or until the onion begins to sweat.  Add the chicken sausages and cook another 5 minutes or so until the sausages start to brown.  







Add the soup, the diced tomatoes, and the pureed cauliflower, mix well and simmer until heated through.  Add the cooked pasta to the tomato and sausage sauce and mix to combine and heat through.  









Thanks so much for reading!  Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking, and EATING!

1 comments:

Jessica Anne said...

Looks delicious!

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino