Chicken Roma

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Here is a yummy chicken dish that took me about 20 minutes to make. I served it over a bed of couscous and topped it with a little Parmiggiano Reggiano. This would also be really yummy over rice or orzo pasta. I also served it with broccoli, of course. I know it seems like we eat a lot of broccoli in my house, because welll, we do! We LOVE broccoli. Starting in June though, we will start going to the farm co-op for our veggies. Anyway, on with the recipe!






Chicken Roma

  • 2 large or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 sweet bell peppers thinly sliced (or I used several mini sweet bell peppers)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 tbsp. italian herbs
In a large skillet with deep sides, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and granulated garlic. Cook the chicken in the skillet for about 5 minutes or until it starts to brown. Add the onion, the garlic, and the peppers and continue to cook until the peppers start to sweat and the onions are translucent. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan, cook for about 2 minutes to allow it to reduce. Add the diced tomatoes and the italian herbs. Turn heat down to medium low and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).



Next Tuesday my best friend Heather is coming to visit me! I am REALLY excited. She does a lot of gluten free cooking. My son is being evaluated for Aspergers and my mom was reading that there could be a link between Autism and Celiac disease, so with Heather's help I will be (or trying) cooking Gluten free next week. I will be sure to post my recipes. To tell you the truth I am a little apprehensive about this, but I am willing to give it a try!


I am also thinking about doing a giveaway sometime soon so be sure to stay tuned for that! Tomorrow's recipe is going to be cheeseburger pie, so until tomorrow, happy and HEALTHY cooking! And eating!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino