Chicken Brochettes

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chicken Brochettes (aka. Chicken Shish Kebabs) are one of my favorite meals to make on the barbecue when the weather is nice. I have been making this recipe for YEARS! I got it from a French friend of mine and it has always been a hit. In fact, this is the meal that I served my husband on our first date, which means it must be good because I managed to marry him! Brochettes are an excellent way to get in your servings of veggies too. I use metal skewers but you can also get wooden ones. Just keep in mind that if you use wooden skewers you will need to soak them for at least an hour in order to keep them from burning. My husband and I tag team this meal now - I do the prep and he is the grill master! As always with my cooking, measurements are approximate.

Chicken Brochettes
  • 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • the juice of one orange
  • the juice of one lemon
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tbsp. granulated garlic
  • 2 sweet peppers cut into chunks (sometimes I use mini sweet peppers, like I did tonight)
  • 1 red onion, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 pineapple cut into chunks (you can use canned pineapple chunks too)
Place the chicken breast chunks in a large ziplock bag. In a bowl, mix the green onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, the pepper, the lemon juice, the orange juice, an the garlic. Pour over the chicken and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours up to 24 hours (the longer you let it marinate the more flavor your chicken will have). After marinating the chicken, assemble your skewers by alternating with meat, veggies, and pineapple in any order. Grill on medium high heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.

I serve these over brown rice most of the time, but I have also served them over couscous which is quite yummy.






I am currently working on a Bread Machine demo video which will probably be posted tomorrow or Monday.  


Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!

























0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino