4T Burgers (Totally Tempting Teriyaki Turkey Burgers)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I love grilling when it is nice outside.  The summer here in Iowa is HOT, HOT, HOT, but I still brave the heat and humidity to grill a good burger.  Today I used the grill pan because it was just too over the top hot to grill outside, but the idea is stilll the same.   Good burgers are perfect for a sunny spring or summer day.  I came up with these burgers because I was craving pineapple, and fortunately for me, there was a sale on pineapple at the grocery store!  I served these up with a batch of my sweet potato fries and it made for the perfect Memorial Day Weekend meal!

4T (Totally Tempting Teriyaki Turkey) Burgers
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (you can use store bought or my recipe for teriyaki sauce- just prepare in the bowl as the recipe indicate, and then boil in a saucepan until thickened).
  • 1 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. minced onion
  • 1 tsp. dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp. barbecue sauce
  • 4 pineapple rings
  • 4 slices cheese (I used pepperjack, but you can use whatever kind you like - optional)
In a medium sized bowl, mix the turkey with the teriyaki sauce, the garlic, the mustard, the onion, and the barbecue sauce.  Form into four patties. 
(or any mixture of large and small to fit your family's needs)







Grill the patties on an indoor or outdoor grill over medium high heat for about 10 minutes per side or until the burgers are no longer pink in the middle.  Add the pineapple on top of the burgers and cover with the cheese.  Tent the burgers with aluminum foil and allow the cheese to melt over the pineapple and the burgers . Serve on a whole grain bun with extra barbecue or teriyaki sauce.

For my sweet potato fries, follow my recipe for oven fries, but substitute two sweet potatoes for two baking potatoes. 

Thanks for reading, and be sure to stay tuned in the coming weeks, I am planning some great videos, a new web  class, and a new giveaway!

Until next time, happy and HEALTHY cooking!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love the new page design. And I'm going to have to make those sweet potato fries.

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino