Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles

Monday, April 26, 2010


We were very busy today so I needed something for dinner tonight that was going to be quick and easy. This is a great dish you can just throw together in the morning. I found a recipe similar to this one on All Recipes and of course, I made some changes to make it my own. You can serve it over any shape of noodles you like, I used Rotini cause that is what I had on hand, but it would also be nice over egg noodles or Farfalle. If you don't want to serve the beef over noodles, it would also go well over rice or a nice bed of mashed potatoes! I served it with steamed carrots.

Slow Cooker Beef (and Noodles)
1-2 lbs beef, cut into strips - I used bottom round steaks but you can use whatever you like
1 cup beef stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1 stick butter, melted
1 zucchini, chopped
1 green pepper, cut into strips
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp. herbes de provence
1 tsp. granulated garlic
pepper to taste

Place the veggies in the bottom of your slow cooker and then layer with the meat, the herbs, granulated garlic, and pepper, then pour the liquid ingredients over. Place the lid on the slow cooker and then set it for 6 hours on low. RESIST THE URGE TO LIFT THE LID! At the END of cooking time, stir.
Serve over noodles, rice, or a bed of mashed potatoes. Yummy!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino