Rosemary Dijon Steak Brochettes with Couscous

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The weather here in Cedar Rapids has been absolutely GORGEOUS this week. It was 85 degrees today, so I thought today would be a good day to use the barbecue. One of my favorite meals to grill is brochettes (also known as shish kebabs, but I prefer to use the French word). I usually make chicken brochettes, but tonight I thought I would find something new, especially since David LOVES steak.

Rosemary Dijon Steak Brochettes
  • 2 lbs steak, cubed (I used bottom round because that is what I had on hand, but you can use whatever cut of steak you like).
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 3 tbsp. fresh rosemary, removed from stalks
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • assorted veggies, cut into large chunks (I used sweet bell peppers, zucchini, and grape tomatoes, sometimes I add red or sweet onions).
Mix all ingredients except steak and veggies in a bowl to make steak marinade. Put steak in a large ziplock bag. Add marinade to the bag with the steak. Marinate in fridge for 2-24 hours, depending on how flavorful you want your meat.
Form the brochettes by using metal or wood skewers (if you use wood skewers be sure you soak them for a good hour before using them in water so they don't burn), placing the veggies and the meat on each skewer. Grill the skewers for 15-20 minutes over medium heat turning two to three times during cooking.

I served these brochettes with couscous. I love couscous, it is a really easy side and very versatile. You get it where you would buy rice in your grocery store. It is made from semolina, but you can also get whole wheat couscous. Yummy!

Until next time, happy cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino