Welcome to Foodie Mommy

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hi Fellow Foodie Mommies and Daddies!

This is my first time writing a blog and I am so excited!  My goal with this blog is to help other moms and dads create healthy meals for their kids.  I can proudly say that my 20 month old son has NEVER eaten anything that I have not cooked myself, with the exception of eating in restaurants.  I have so many friends who say "my kids won't eat this," or "my kids won't eat that."  I hold a basic philosophy that a child will not starve him or herself.  A parent should offer a wide variety of natural and nutritious foods. 

I know that we are all busy people and we do not want to spend our lives slaving away in the kitchen (unless you are a foodie like me and you LOVE to slave away in the kitchen).  I am here to tell you that once you have a system in place, it is SO easy to feed your family natural, healthy meals without spending a huge amount of time or money.  Each post will contain some ideas for how to do this, as well as recipes.

Each week I carefully plan my meals to make sure they are fast, easy and balanced.  I write my menu on a whiteboard in my kitchen so my family can see what we will be having for dinner each day.  I make good use of my Foodsaver and my deep freezer.   Many times I will prep meals early, and freeze them.  I make things like chicken and fish nuggets ahead of time and freeze them.  I never buy these items at the grocery store because I never really know what is in them.  I usually will "hide" extra vegetables in food (like adding squash to my macaroni and cheese or cauliflower in my breading for chicken nuggets).  I hope that you will enjoy this blog.  I cannot guarantee I will post every day, as I am a busy mommy, but I will post at last once per week. 
Until next time, happy cooking!

1 comments:

Sarah Woodard said...

I will definitely come back here for some new ideas. My mom pays me $5 for each meal, which is good for my wallet. I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do(though my blog is for books). Have fun!
-Sarah (French Class 2007-08, I think?)

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino