Chicken Bacon Pasta Toss

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My husband David LOVES bacon. He has a saying: "everything's better with bacon." I am not as much of a fan, and I try to keep our bacon intake to a minimum in our family. However, when I came across this recipe, I knew I would have to make it for David. I also knew, it would be a hit and would need to be added to the family recipe book. I suggest you try it too, especially if you have a bacon loving husband like I do!

Chicken Bacon Pasta Toss
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
8 oz bacon, cut into pieces
1 1/2 c. grape or cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp. italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves minced
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 lb (16 oz box) rotini pasta (or your favorite shape)
salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, in a large, deep skillet cook bacon until crisp. When bacon is browned, remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Add chicken to skillet and cook in bacon grease over medium heat. Add garlic powder and italian seasoning. Cook until no longer pink. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, picking up the brown bits at the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Add the tomatoes. Cover and cook until the tomatos start to pop, when pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes. Stir. Add pasta and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with parmesan cheese.

Yummy! I served this meal with green beans. I also tend to use whole grain pasta when cooking for my family and save white pasta for special occasions. When I buy pasta, I usually buy the Barilla or the Ronzoni brands. It is slightly more expensive than white pasta but the nutritional value is worth it. I highly recommend it.

Until next time Foodie Mommies and Daddies, happy cooking!

0 comments:

The Foodie Mommie Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino